Skip to main content

Holiday?

Do you know what today is? I bet you have no idea. I do. It's new bike day! My bike will be coming today. It's being delivered to my parents house. They paid for it, and they are always home so someone can sign for it. I really want to ride it home. But all are telling me that my maiden voyage on Pepe (yes, I've named my bike already) shouldn't be that far. I mapped it, it's only 16 miles or so. I can go farther than that on the old clunker. But, then I would also have to convince the husband to drive me out to the parents. So, I guess I will take him for a little spin around the folks neighborhood. The bonus to that is it's very flat where they are, not hilly like it is here. Then I'll load that shiny new toy into the back of Ruby and bring him home.

I've decided to do Iron Girl with the cage pedals. Get used to riding the new bike for the three weeks before switching to the clip in pedals. Those scare the crap out of me. Then, after Iron Girl I'll switch to the scary shoes and pedals and train with those for a month to do Skinnyman.

Anyway, I really think it should be a holiday or something today. I mean, hello, I'm getting a bike people. I checked the FedEx tracking this morning, and it's out for delivery. Aren't you excited?

Comments

Hi! Thanks for the follow on twitter...it led me over to your blog! I'm a brand new triathlete - Iron-mama-wanna-be too! I'm setting my sights on my first IM in 2012 also! Meanwhile, i have my second tri, Irongirl (columbia maryland) next month. I bought my new bike this year and I'm STILL terrified of being clipped in. I just keep waiting to fall, ack! Anyway, I'm glad to have found your blog, seems we have a lot in common! Enjoy the new bike!

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...