Skip to main content

Guilt

I obviously have lots of issues.  Otherwise I wouldn't have ended up in the hospital, and I wouldn't now be in therapy and on medication.  One of my issues is guilt.  I am a people pleaser.  I try to make everyone else happy, often at my own expense.  If I know I have upset someone else, it plagues my mind, and my heart, with guilt.  I also feel guilty about not doing things I know I should have.  This is especially true with my training right now.  Since I've been out of the hospital, I have done virtually nothing in the way of training.  And the days on the calender keep passing by, getting closer and closer to the first race. 

So, in an effort to not let this get me all worked up, and upset, I am making a deal with myself.  I will start a new tomorrow.  Today, I am going to see my bff with the boys to attend her adorable little boy's 3rd birthday party.  I will let myself enjoy the day, and not fret about training.  And tomorrow, when I'm making my meal plan for the week, I will also make a training plan for the week.  Tomorrow night is swim clinic, so I know at least one day is already scheduled for me.  I will then write it out, and post in on the fridge.  But, if weather, or the kids, or something else comes up that interupts one day of the schedule, I will try my best to not feel guilty about it. 

And then I will nail down a final draft of my race schedule. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great work sister! I should have your swim analysis done in just a few days!

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...