Skip to main content

April Fool?

Last week I went to the bike shop to try on bike shoes, and figure out what size I wear in them, since they don't run like regular shoes.  Wasn't buying, just figuring out what I wanted.  A friend of mine works there, and was trying to tempt me with a tri bike.  It was nice, but I wasn't looking for a bike.  I've only had Pepe since July.  So, he then convinced me to bring my bike in for a bike fit, since I bought it online, and my father and I put it together.  So, yesterday morning, I took it in.  He watched me ride it, made adjustments, and wow, huge difference.  Then we started talking about all the things I should do to it to make it ride-able for Syracuse 70.3 .  As he was listing all the parts I would need to buy, and we started adding them up, it was going to cost almost as much as the bike did originally!  So, I started thinking about the bike he showed me last week.  And told him to throw it on the trainer, so I could try it out. 
That bike is now on layaway, under my name.  Who goes to a bike shop for a bike fitting and buys a new bike?  I'm in shock.  Feeling really guilty.  I don't do things like this normally.  I hate spending money on myself.  I will buy my son $100 basketball sneakers, but buy myself running shoes at Marshalls  for $25.  I only ended up with the bike I currently have because my parents bought it for me.  I'm having a really hard time justifying this purchase in my head.  What was I thinking?  ACK!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is something you are going to have for several years, not just one season. Well taken care of a bike can last over 10 years. This is an investment in you sister.

Go for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...