Skip to main content

I'd Rather Be...

There are lots of things I wish I was doing this weekend.

A mani pedi would be awesome.  I've only had two in my life, but my feet would appreciate some pampering and my nails look horrendous from packing and cleaning.

Racing,  Many of my friends are participating in races all over the place this weekend.  It would be much more fun to be there with them. 

Floating.  In my mom and dad's pool.  Just laying on a raft and drifting around the pool.

Shopping!  I haven't gotten new clothes in quite some time.  From what I hear the flowing shapeless flowered dresses that I lived in during high school are back.  If I had some money, I would be getting a few.

Getting a cut and color.  My last hair cut was on Dec 31 2009!  I'm way over due.  And getting your hair washed and brushed by someone else feels really good.

Hanging with old friends.  A girls night, with munchies and drinks, talking about the good old days.

But, I'm not.  I'm finishing up deciding what to put into storage, and what I will need while living at my parents.   Since I have no idea when I will be able to get my own place, it's hard to decide what to store and what to bring with me.  At least I'll have access to the storage unit, so I'm just labeling boxes really well. 

Maybe next month I'll be able to afford to do one of the above, and have the time to do it!  Here's hoping!

Comments

Eric Hutchins said…
When Pamela and I were in the middle of a very very tough time we had a mantra that we would say to ourselves.

Don't look to the top of the hill, don't worry about how steep it is or how tall it is. For now just put your head down and focus on getting one foot in front of the there. Just take that next step.

Sometimes it took every bit of will and energy and focus to take that next step. But we managed. and we made it.
You will too.

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...