Skip to main content

Q-tips

Since my stay in the psych ward, I've had one thing on my mind, that has been bugging me.  They had lots of rules that made sense.  I know they were trying to protect us from ourselves, and each other, and to keep the staff safe.  But one of the things they wouldn't allow just makes no sense what so ever to me.


Q-tips!  They wouldn't let me have my q-tips that my husband packed, upon my request.  Why?  What could I do with a q-tip that could possibly cause myself or others harm?  We could have pens and pencils.  I could certainly cause some pain with either of those.  But a q-tip?  I even asked one of the staff, and she had no answer.  It's just on the list of no-nos.  I've been racking my brain for over a week to come up with a reason, and I simply can't.  It even says Safety Swabs on the package!  What could be dangerous about that?


So, on this snowy, lazy Saturday, I challenge anyone who reads this to come up with at least one way that a q-tip could be dangerous.  Be creative, be funny, but please, I beg you, help me understand why they wouldn't let me clean my ears!

Comments

Unknown said…
You could get your ear wax on it and threaten to gross out the staff by licking it like a lollipop?

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...