Skip to main content

It's Ok Because I'm A Gemini

As of tomorrow, I will once again be a one bike triathlete. I am canceling the layaway. I'm hoping they can put the money I used as the first payment toward the clips and shoes that I don't have money for instead. There is no way I can pay the bike off, feed my kids, put gas in my car, and pay my bills. Not to mention the race entry fees I still haven't paid for the races I am planning on doing. It was an impulse decision that was just not rational of me to make. I am very sad, maybe in mourning just a bit, but I know it will be ok. I will do my races on my too heavy road bike, and it will be ok. I may have already fallen in love with that beautiful silver piece of carbon beauty, but at least I haven't named it yet. That would make it worse.
Someday I will have a tri bike. Just not this season. Maybe not even next. But, someday.

Comments

Jenn said…
It's okay, honey, we have all been there and made that quick decision, only to have to go back and reverse it. I bet you will have a new bike before you know it....
Anonymous said…
I saw your post-sorry about your new tri bike- i don't know how tall you are but i have an older quintana roo kilo you can have - it may need a bit of a clean up - i'm in syracuse- mike140.6@hotmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...