Skip to main content

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Two races that I very much want to do open for registration next week.
Syracuse Iron Girl opens on December 31st.  Green Lakes Sprint Triathlon opens January 3rd.  Both will sell out.  The question is, which will sell out first.  Or, which one am I more willing to not get in?  I only have the money to register for one with next weeks pay check. How do I decide which one to register for first?
Iron Girl was my first ever triathlon.  I loved the event both years I've done it so far.  I have made some wonderful, lifelong friends because of Iron Girl.  Plus, it's only guaranteed to come to Syracuse for three years.   This could be the last year I can do Iron Girl.
I've never done Green Lakes.  But I really want to.  It would start my tri season this year (unless I can do Rev3 Quassy).  It's a great course.  And I've wanted to do it for the past two years, but it sold out before I could register both years. 
What should I do?  Register for Green Lakes first, assuming it will sell out faster.  But then be heart broken if Iron Girl sells out quickly.  Or, register for Iron Girl, hope Green Lakes is still open in two weeks, and be disappointed if I don't get in for the third year in a row.  I am in a quandary, and have little more than a week to decide.  What to do?
This would all be so much easier if I had a sponsor!!!


Comments

RunToTheFinish said…
i started making some races gifts...as in I don't need a birthday gift if I can pay for this race entry
Anonymous said…
I say.... go for Green Lakes. Its sooner, it will keep you committed to the goals..... and you just never know what is going to happen, maybe Santa will bring you an Iron Girl Entry!
Anonymous said…
PS; Can you send me your email? maryeggers@gmail.com...... I have something for you :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...