Skip to main content

Better Days

Yesterday was not a good day.  But today was a better day.  Not for any one reason in particular.  But a few things made it better.
I wore a skirt today.  It made me feel pretty.  Feeling pretty lifts my spirit.  Even if heels do make my knee hurt a little more.  Mom always said you have to suffer to be beautiful.  And the skirt is big on me.  So even though I'm not running, and it's pumpkin season, I haven't put on too much weight. 
Finally hit 50 followers on Twitter.  Not sure why that is important, but it made me feel special.  Now if only I could hit 50 followers on my blog.  And get more comments.  Comments make me smile.  I got two of those today too (well, last night but I didn't know about them until this morning)
Recently I decided to find a new church home.  Two different people from my old church contacted me today to let me know I'm missed.  It's nice to know that they have realized I'm not coming anymore.  I miss them too, but the church wasn't fulfilling me spiritually anymore.  But it's good to know that should I need to come back, there would be people happy to see me return.
And a fellow triathlete friend reached out to me to let me know that there is life after ITBS.  That she had it and recovered, and still runs and tris.  That makes me VERY happy.
And, no, I'm not all better.  Far from it.  But I'm going to focus on the little things.  The positive things.  And I plan on finding at least one good, happy, event or situation in each day from now until Christmas.  To get through the holidays for my boys.  To put on a happy face and make it all ok for them.

And, I will turn to music when I need an extra boost.  Right now I'm listening to:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Better+Days+/39YUBS

Comments

Erin said…
Seeing me tomorrow night(Wednesday) for an amazing swim workout will make your day! Can't wait to see you :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...