Skip to main content

School Lunch Frustrations!

Not only am I not pleased with the lunch options available to my son at school, I also have an issue with their payment options.
They use My Nutri Kids.  Which in theory is awesome.  You prepay with a check, cash, or online, and then can track what your kid is buying every day.  Sounds great.  Well, the first couple of weeks of school, I didn't have Bubba's account number, just The Big One's.  So, any time he wanted to buy, I would give him $2.00 in cash.  Lunch is $1.75 at his school, but he never brought home the 25 cents change.  I assumed that the extra was just being put into the account, and didn't worry about it. 
Once we finally got the account info, which I had to call and request a couple of weeks into school, I looked, and there was no money for him.  Someone, somewhere, was a couple of dollar's richer at my innocent, naive, 1st graders loss.  So, I deposited money into his account via PayPal, which charges me $1.75 inconvenience fee every time I put money in.  I called again and asked if I can just pay by one check that I send in with The Big One to cover both kids.  Answer was no. Since he buys so infrequently, I didn't have to put money into his often, and just send cash or a check in for The Big One.
So, last week, Bubba's account was getting low, and he wanted to buy.  Knowing he might forget it was in his pocket, I put cash in an envelope, labled that envelope "Bubba's Lunch Money" and put it in the folder his teacher checks ever morning.  A couple of days later, I checked his account, and it is now a negative balance.  I looked in his folder, and his bag, and asked him if he had seen the envelope.  Nope.  I then sent a note to the teacher asking if she had seen it.  2 days, no response from the teacher.  Yesterday, I called the school, explained the situation, and they said they would have the teacher call me.  When she called, she vaguely remembered maybe seeing the envelope, and possibly sending it to the office.  But offered to check his desk and locker today. 
Today, I made Bubba's lunch, and hoped for some sort of answer.  Not only is his account still negative, and did I not get a follow up call telling me if it had maybe been resolved, but now, Bubba left his lunch box at school!  Grrr.  Now, I have to send these people more money and hope it goes to the right place, or get charged by PayPal to deposit money, or send Bubba with a brown paper bag. 

All this trouble, and it's not even healthy food!  He's brown bagging it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...