Skip to main content

A Little Bit Stronger

“Today, is the end of a very long chapter, and the beginning of a very beautiful chapter for me,”

Those words were spoken by Elizabeth Smart after her kidnapper was sentenced to life in prison.  That scared little girl who was kidnapped at 14 has grown into a beautiful, strong woman.  She spoke without a quiver in her voice, she didn't read from notes, she spoke from her heart.  Elizabeth Smart had something horrific happen to her in the past, but she is not letting it ruin her future.  Watching this incredible girl speak on the news this morning made me realize that if she can overcome the horrors she had to endure, anyone can.

 My sister was in an abusive relationship for many years.  We never knew how bad it was.  The emotional and verbal abuse was evident, but the physical abuse was well hidden.  One day she had enough, and walked away.  He didn't let her go easily, and still has a hold on her via their children, but he can never again physically harm her.  She is now in a loving relationship, with a wonderful man, who will give her the life she deserves.  He will take care of her, and give her everything she never had with her ex.  Her strength continues to grow all of the time, and I am proud to call her my big sister.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people, but seems as if the evil doers live a life of prosperity and never suffer.  A sweet young mother of two young children loses her battle to cancer less than a month after she started the fight, meanwhile the crack whore lives another day.  The couple who so desperately wants a baby suffers yet another miscarriage, meanwhile the single yuppie has an abortion because a baby would be inconvenient.  But the family of the young mother is grateful for the time they had with her, and will make sure her daughters grow up hearing stories of how wonderful she was.  And the couple will find a way to move on, and continue their quest toward parenthood.

I haven't had to endure nearly as much as Elizabeth, or my sister.  I may have been dealt a few bad hands.  But I know that soon the deck will be stacked in my favor.  I'm going to come out on top.  I'm going to be a survivor.  I believe that those who have suffered on earth will be rewarded in the afterlife, and that the evil will suffer eternal damnation.  My beautiful new chapter is about to begin.



Stronger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...