Skip to main content

Tipp Lots O' Hills

My training buddy Erin and I set out for an hour ride from my house last night. She was not in the mood for real hilly, so I did my best to avoid the big ones (and in my neck of the woods, we have big hills aplenty). We were on some main roads, and it was raining off and on, so we kept our speed on the cautious side. But at some point, if we wanted to get back to my house, there was going to have to be a hill. Unfortunately, the hill was shortly after an intersection, and I completely lost my momentum, and my energy, and had to walk up the hill. I've done this hill in the past, it's not that bad, but it must have just been the perfect storm of wet, tired, and under fueled that stopped me from making it this time.
Erin had no idea where we were most of the time, so she was behind me, getting the spray from my tires in her face. She also had the pleasure of getting to stare at my hot pink underwear that was clear as day through my black compression shorts. I guess it's time to either stop wearing underwear or start wearing bike shorts, or maybe both! Halfway through the ride I felt as if I had peed myself I was so wet from road spray. But, I can still say I am a pee on the bike virgin.
Once we got to the top of the walked up hill, Erin had her bearings as we were in the Tipp Hill area, where all the Irish Bars are located, and where her brother and several of her boy toys live. She decided we should ride down her brothers street to see if he was home. He wasn't so we turned to go up the next street, which was up hill. Then I tried to take her home the least hilly way, but there were still several ups and downs and peaks and valleys. We did finally manage to avoid hills for the last few miles, but I'm pretty sure that my young friend Erin will not be biking with me from my house anytime soon.

Comments

Erin said…
I will be riding with you again!! I need hill training :-p whyy does it have to be on main roads? ahha!!! loveee your hott pink undiess!!! See you Friday!

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...