Skip to main content

Why I Am Doing It

Gas is currently 4.05, or 4.09, or 4.12 a gallon where I live.  Who knows it may be even higher today.

We were without internet, cable, or phone for over a week, because I couldn't pay the bill.

I have $40 after the bills were paid today to cover my gas and groceries for a week.

My student loan is garnished from my paycheck because I defaulted while home being a mommy to Spencer for the first year of his life.  They get $100/week from me.  The only way to stop that is to pay an extra $120/month out of my own pocket for 9 consecutive months.

My oldest son will be graduating from high school in 3 years.  He's gonna want to go to college.  I'm gonna want to help him out with that.

Once my divorce is final, and I am on my work's health insurance, my paycheck will be even smaller every week.  And the insurance doesn't cover much.

I owe thousands of dollars from my little "retreat" I went on for 5 days back in January that isn't covered by our current health insurance for various reasons.

It's Mother's Day weekend, and this Sunday I won't be able to give my mom a gift, let alone use the gas it would take to drive to her house to give her a hug and a kiss.

I'm sick of being poor.  I'm not looking for charity, or a handout, or sympathy.  I wound up here on my own.  And I need to fix it on my own.

For all of the reasons above, and because I have two little men who deserve better than what I can give them right now, I am meeting with a recruiter on Monday.  I have weighed all of the options.  I have done my list of pros and cons.  And it keeps coming back to me needing to do this.  For me, for my boys, for my country.    They may not take me because of my mental breakdown, they might not take me because of various other reasons.  But I am going to go for it.  I am going to attempt to join the Air National Guard. 

I'll keep you posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today Sucks

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of me finding out about the other woman, and two days after that is when we agreed to end the marriage.  This weekend I'm moving out of my house.  Basically the week sucks.  Then throw in the anniversary of my miscarriage fourth of July weekend, and I may as well put myself back in the psych ward for the next 3 weeks.  Yesterday I spent the day mourning what had been my life.  The boys went with their dad for father's day, and I lay in bed sobbing and crying and wishing it would all go away.  I remembered all of the awesome fun times we had as a family.  I thought about our wedding day, the days the boys were born.  The fun times we had together.  Tonight they will be with him too.  I'm going to go for a long ride and run, and then come home and probably cry just a little more.  Then, tomorrow, I will move on.  I will pick up the pieces...

Livestrong at the YMCA Green Lakes Triathlon Race Report

Yesterday was my first tri of the season.  It was also my first tri since he moved out.  My first tri since my hospital stay, and my first tri with out my original training buddy Missy who originally motivated me to tri in the first place. It was also my first tri on meds, and my first tri with my period (i know tmi, but it was an unneeded stressor)  Not to mention my first tri season with out a coach.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling ready for it.  About a week before I told a few friends that I quit.  That I wasn't doing it.  That I knew I couldn't.  I had so much self doubt, and the voice of one former "friend" telling me I didn't have what it would take kept ringing in my ear.  A couple of my friends said, ok, if that's what you want, we will support you.  But Kristin wasn't having it.  Her text to me went something like this:  it's a sold out race, you took a spot that someone else could have had, you owe it to them t...

Nutrition Failure

I have three main obstacles preventing me from being the best possible triathlete I could be.  Two of them I have no control over, time and money.  I can't make more hours in the day than there are, and my money situation isn't going to change any time soon.  The third obstacle is my nutrition.  This is the one area that I can fix, and I'm having a very hard time with it.  I want to eat right, and want to fuel my body properly, but need lots of help in this area. Now that the holiday's are past, and we are back into more of a normal routine, I'm trying to force myself into healthy eating habits, and trying to drag the two non-willing members of my family with me.  The trouble is, I'm not really good at the planning healthy meals.  Dinner's I'm pretty good at.  I have been getting better and better at planning a weeks worth of healthy meals, and the boys usually eat them.  But breakfast and lunch I'm not so good at.  Especially since I ...